1 biography bento in hebrew baruch in latin benedictus all three names mean blessed spinoza was born in 1632 in amsterdam he was the middle son in a prominent family of moderate means in amsterdams portuguese jewish community. Benedict de spinoza 1632 1677 benedict de spinoza was among the most important of the post cartesian philosophers who flourished in the second half of the 17th centuryhe made significant contributions in virtually every area of philosophy and his writings reveal the influence of such divergent sources as stoicism jewish rationalism machiavelli hobbes descartes and a variety of . Benedict de spinoza benedict de spinoza dutch jewish philosopher one of the foremost exponents of 17th century rationalism and one of the early and seminal figures of the enlightenment his masterwork is the treatise ethics 1677 learn more about spinozas life and work
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.