The king george v class battleships were the most modern british battleships in commission during world war ii five ships of this class were built hms king george v 1940 hms prince of wales 1941 hms duke of york 1941 hms howe 1942 and hms anson 1942. The king george v class battleships were a group of four dreadnought battleships built for the royal navy rn in the early 1910s that were sometimes termed super dreadnoughts. Battleship hms king george v with her 14 in guns trailed to port in july 1945 the ship bombarded targets in the japanese home island of honshu the last occasion on which a british battleship fired her guns in anger. The royal navys first post london treaty battleships were the five ships of the king george v class which served with honor in every theater of world war ii
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.