James hutton 1726 1797 a scottish farmer and naturalist is known as the founder of modern geology he was a great observer of the world around him. His investigations and his subsequent conclusions on these topics have led scholars to consider him one of the founders of modern stratigraphy and geology 9 10 steno who became a catholic as an adult was eventually made a bishop and was beatified in 1988 by pope john paul ii. James hutton a self trained scottish geologist established the foundation of modern geology a framework for charles darwins theory of evolution. This excellent introduction to james hutton was first published by national museums scotland in 2001 scientists currently think that the earth is four and a half billion years old but until the eighteenth century the christian world firmly believe in its creation about 4000 bc
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.