The courts of the indian princes were lucrative sources of work for similar reasons there was a genuine fascination with the novelty of western art its realism perspective and handling of colour but like the british the indigenous rulers sought to enhance their style and importance through grand images. With the decline of the sikh empire after the first anglo sikh war in 1846 under the terms of the treaty of amritsar the british government sold kashmir to maharaja gulab singh and the princely state of jammu and kashmir the second largest princely state in british india was created by the dogra dynasty. British empire a worldwide system of dependencies colonies protectorates and other territories that over a span of some three centuries was brought under the sovereignty of the crown of great britain and the administration of the british government
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.