This catalogue accompanies the first exhibition dedicated to antoine carons graphic work and explores the role the regent and queen mother catherine de medici played in a key series of drawings some reunited here for the first time. This will be the first exhibition dedicated to the drawings of antoine caron bringing together a celebrated group of works executed for his patron catherine de medici 1519 1589. This is the first exhibition dedicated to the drawings of antoine caron whose work reflected the turbulent years of the valois monarchy. Carons charming drawings teem with incident and detail as well as flashes of wit hurling us headlong into the astonishing world of the valois magnificences festivals ceremonies and sporting events telegraph. Stanford libraries official online search tool for books media journals databases government documents and more
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.